Preparations for the next Icelandic Winter Games is in full swing.
- Views: 85
- Comments: 0
ESPN and ESPN2 To Distribute 24 Hours of Live Winter X Games 15 Content
Eighteen Hours of Original Content on ESPN 3D
As part of the networks' continuing goal of being the leading content provider of action sports content, ESPN and ESPN2 will combine to televise 24 hours of live programming from Winter X Games 15, Jan. 27-30, in Aspen, Colo. In addition to the 24 original hours on ESPN and ESPN2, the Worldwide Leader in Action Sports will present 18 hours of Winter X Games 15 competition in 3D on ESPN 3D. Winter X Games 15 content will also be distributed across ESPN's family of international networks and global platforms, including ESPN3.com, ESPN.com/Action, ESPN Mobile TV and X Center.
Winter X Games 15 will be delivered to more than 382 million homes and will be televised live to 154 countries and territories, including Africa, Asia, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Caribbean, Europe, Israel, Mexico, Middle East, New Zealand and South America.
"It is always our mission to serve the fan." said Scott Guglielmino, Senior Vice President Programming and Global X Events. "With the addition of 18 hours of original 3D coverage, including all the ski and snowboard action from the SuperPipe, Slopestyle and Big Air events, and exclusive content on ESPN3.com, we will once again deliver the most compelling winter action sports content to fans on more platforms than ever."
• Television: ESPN and ESPN2 will combine to televise 24 hours of live Winter X Games 15 action and will produce eight individual windows of original competition. Additionally, ESPN 3D will feature nine windows of original competition. X Center, ESPN2's Winter X Games highlight show, will also air each night of the event.
Hosted by Sal Masekela, the X Games telecast will once again feature a talented collection of on-air commentators. ESPN anchor Dana Jacobson will return to host Jeep X Center nightly on ESPN2. Each episode of Jeep X Center will run for one hour in length and will air a short time after the Winter X Games telecast. Veteran X Games commentators Keir Dillon, Chris Ernst and Jamie Little will collectively host 18 hours of live Winter X Games 15 coverage on ESPN 3D.
A roster of action sports experts including Kevin Pearce, Mike Douglas, Zach Crist, Keir Dillon and Chris Burandt will join Masekela for the Winter X Games 15 telecast and serve as analysts for the Skiing, Snowboarding and Snowmobile events. Winter X Games athlete Sarah Burke will join the telecast as a reporter.
In 2010, ESPN recorded its highest-rated and most-viewed Winter X Games ever. On ESPN, Winter X Games 14 averaged a 1.2 rating, 1,147,000 homes and 1,628,000 viewers (P2+). On ESPN2, Winter X Games 14 averaged a 0.5 rating, 465,000 homes and 635,000 viewers (P2+).
• ESPN3.com: ESPN3.com will distribute 34 hours of coverage from Winter X Games 15, including 10 hours of exclusive content and streaming video of competition.
• Online: ESPN.com/Action will provide on-site event coverage every day of Winter X Games 15. The 24/7 action sports website will feature live results, athlete chats, live video hosted by ESPN3.com, expert commentary with audience participation, event recaps, ZOOM photo galleries, feature stories and exclusive behind-the-scenes video. ESPN.com/Action will also be the exclusive home for Snowboard Real Snow fan voting.
• Mobile: ESPN Mobile TV will carry 23 hours of live coverage of Winter X Games 15, in addition to four hours of simulcast coverage of Days One through Four late night highlight shows. ESPN Mobile TV will also deliver encore content from Winter X Games 14Classix. ESPN Mobile TV viewers will also be able to participate in text voting opportunities and receive 24/7 mobile alerts.
The Winter X Games 15 mobile app will be available on Android and iPhone/iPod Touch devices. The X Games 15 app features complete venue info, customizable schedules, athlete bios, results, photo galleries and more. The app can be downloaded for free by texting GUIDE to 43776 or visiting XGames.com/App.
• ESPN On Demand: TV and Mobile On Demand will carry new Winter X Games 15 content, including daily highlights, Best of Ski, Best of Snowboard and Best of Snowmobile. On Demand will also carry past highlights from Winter X Games 12, Winter X Games 13, Winter X Games14 and Shaun White titles.
• ESPN International: In addition to all the content on ESPN's U.S. based media platforms, Winter X Games 15 will be televised in more than 154 countries and territories to more than 60 million homes, including live coverage in Africa, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Caribbean, Central America, Europe, Israel, Mexico, Middle East, New Zealand and South America. The event will also be simulcast on ESPN's international broadband platforms in 12 countries.
• iTunes: From Jan. 26 - Jan.30, iTunes will feature a Winter X Games 15 page. The page will include current Winter X Games 15 content (daily highlights and discipline highlights), ESPN Films 30 for 30: The Birth of Big Air, Shaun White: Don't Look Down, Moto X: Evolution of the Trick, and Down the Barrel. The Winter X Games page will also feature Winter X 15 music playlists from our on-air broadcast and Winter X 15 Phone Aps. www.iTunes.com/WinterXGames
• Xbox LIVE: Winter X Games 15 content will include daily highlights, Best of Ski, Best of Snowboard and Best of Snowmobile. Live coverage on ESPN3.com is also available to Xbox LIVE Gold level members who receive their Internet service from an affiliated provider.
• YouTube: ESPN will produce exclusive behind-the-scenes segments from Winter X Games 15, which will live on ESPN's X Games YouTube channel. The behind the scenes segmentswill be produced by the ESPN Digital Media team and will feature daily content giving fans a unique point of view from Winter X Games 15 venues. All Winter X Games 15 content can be found by visiting youtube.com/xgames.
• Social Media: The X Games page on Facebook will feature a Winter X Games 15 photo gallery, live streaming video of events on the "X Cast" tab, athlete chats and a daily X Fest show: Inside X. The page will also host a custom tab integrating ESPN.com/action's headlines, the X Games YouTube channel and direct links to XGames.com event information. Facebook.com/XGames
Fans who follow the X Games on Twitterwill be provided with instant event updates, breaking news, results and a behind-the-scenes look at Winter X Games 15. Twitter.com/XGames
ESPN has produced an official X Games brand page at Foursquare.com/xgames which will allow fans, athletes and spectators to check-in at the Winter X Games while in Aspen.
Preparations for the next Icelandic Winter Games is in full swing.
Check out what just went down at X-Games in Aspen.
In conjunction with ESPN, the Association of Freeskiing Professionals is pleased to announce the final round of invited freeski athletes for X Games, which takes place in Aspen, Colorado on January 22nd - 25th.
Hello again from beautiful Aspen, Colorado, where we're halfway through Day 4 of the biggest winter action sports event in the world, X Games.