As you may or may not have seen, a couple of days ago Phil and Henrik announced they are running a video wildcard contest, giving 2 lucky skiers the chance to be a part of the B&E Invitational in March. It's open to all skiers, with one winner taken from Europe and one taken from the rest of the world.
I'll include the full details at the end of this spiel but I'd like to point out what a crazy opportunity this. Especially for those who kill it but have no interest in the traditional comp scene. Have a look at last year's invites list. Look at who's been invited this year. This isn't going to be your traditional video contest. They will actually be looking for style, creativity and something different. If that describes your skiing this is probably your best, if not only, chance to get involved in a high level event. You get to ride with some incredible skiers, ski what looks like the most fun course ever designed for skiing and even if you don't win, there's bound to be good a ton of exposure for the edits that do well. So get on it!
If that doesn't convince you, check out the first entry. It's a banger from Rufus Tangen, I think that says it all:
What should the video edit look like?
1. Download the Pre-roll/Outro HERE and add to the start & end of your edit.
2. Add a title at the start with your name and home region, as well as the song credit.
3. Download the Music HERE.You will need to select a song from the music library we provide for legal reasons or
your edit will NOT be uploaded for the contest.
4. The edit should be no longer than 2 minutes (including pre-roll and outro)
5. You are allowed to use footage from the last two ski seasons in your edit.
How to submit your video?
1. Between the 1st of December and the 1st of January, go to http://www.wetransfer.com
2. Add your video file
3. In the "friend's email" text field write: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Enter your email address.
5. In the message include full name, where you live, email address and age. Then transfer.
*NOTE: By submitting your video to the competition you automatically agree to the terms and conditions of the contest. Once we have uploaded your edit on the B&E Invitational YouTube channel, you have officially entered the online video contest.
Do I have to edit the video myself?
No you do not. You can have a friend, family member or whoever do it for you.
Where can I see all the submissions for the online contest?
From Dec 1st, 2014 until Jan. 1st, 2015 all submissions will be published on the B&E Invitational YouTube
channel. All videos will be hosted on http://www.downdays.eu after the 1st of January.
How does the judging process works?
- The videos will be separated in two categories,"Europe" and "Rest Of The World" and all videos will be
displayed on two pages for voting, exclusively on http://www.downdays.eu
- 5-9th January, First Round of voting, Viewers will be able to vote for their 3 favorite videos from each
category. The 15 videos with the most votes in each category on the 9th of Jan will reach the final round.
- 10-15th January, Second round of voting, Viewers will be able to vote for their 3 favorite videos from each
category. The 5 videos with the most votes in each category on the 15th of Jan will reach the final round.
- Henrik Harlaut & Phil Casabon will judge the final round and choose the two winners (1 EU and 1 ROTW)
Winners will be announced on the 26th of January, 2015.
What does the wildcard include?
This includes a spot on the coveted B&E Invitational riders list, onsite accommodation in a 3 Star hotel, food
and party, as well as a Geneva Airport shuttle transfer from Tuesday the 10th of March, 2015 until Saturday the 14th of March, 2015. Airfare is not included.