2 dj shadow
3 kid koala
5 modest mouse
//////////////// who the hell takes pictures of themselves with a camera phone?? those are made to sneak pics of girls tits and underwear-lateralis
1. Pink Floyd - I heard some kids talking about it in like 7th grade. I proceded to find my dad's really old/dusty copy of the wall and when comfortably numb came I had an epiphany, I was fucking hooked. Until then I had never really even listened to music.
2. Nirvana - My favorite band for a long time, I don't feel like I can really identify with the teenage angst rock thing like I used to but this band was my soul for a while.
3. Grateful Dead - My best friends dad is a dead head. He trades shows with me and its just plain badass. Nothing can compare to the Grateful Dead.
4. Phish - Saw them live June 20, 2004 at SPAC and this was a pretty crazy experience. Kind of an end of innocence type thing I guess. These guys had so much raw musical and improvisational talent it's rediculous.
5. Donna the Buffalo - Don't know how many people know them, but its an amazing live show. I've seen them 4 times and each time changes my life.
1. The Beatles- just something about them. Pure genious and so damn good.
2. Ben GIbbard- His lyrics are fucking amazing and his music is amazing too.
3. The Who- All of their stuff is so cool. THe way they captured their generations feelings is cool too.
4. CCR- All their music just makes me feel good. It reminds me of summer.
5. The Shins- All of their music is good.
Under my name It sais beginner.
I am very discouraged to the fact that the site adminster didn't look at my profile or ask before doing something like this. I may be new to this website but I have been skiing more then most of you.
PLEASE research or ask before making such assumptions like this one.
2) Seattle grunge (Mudhoney, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Crackerbash, Nirvana, The Melvins, etc)
both of these genres have very profound subcultures surrounding their music. sure, stuff like Jimi Hendrix is way cool, but there is no lifestyle surrounding his music. a trip to the dead concert parking lot scene or a local underground 'noise' concert is a whole experience. i dont really follow the grunge scene anymore, but that was all i listened to in 6th-7th grades
1. bright eyes- everything about there music has changed the way i think and feel about life and myself
2. sublime-if your looking for some good tunes to bighten your day then listen to what brad has to say.
3. yonder mountain string band-good quality blue grass. thats makes you feel good about the world.
4. bob marley-if i have a bad day this is the one way to fix it.
4. (my own band) back to the bowler-writing and playing shows is what i love and live for.
FIGHT THE POWDER,SAVE THE WHALES,SMILES ARE FREE,AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL-KEEP IT REAL
Grew up listening to em, ever since i was about 6 or 7. Whenever I'm in a bad mood or need to calm down or need to clear my head, theyre the band I'm reaching for to listen to first
Grateful Dead/Jerry Garcia Band
For pretty much the same reasons as I love Phish, they can turn a bad day into a good one. They really make me appreciate good music and songwriting.
I can't think of any other bands that I keep as close to my heart and that have any impact on my life. Sure, there's other bands that I love to listen to, but it isnt the same feeling that goes through me as the ones mentioned.
First off i would like to say awesome thread, but mine are
1) The beatles-grew up to them and will always be one of my favorite bands. geniuses
2)Pink Floyd- I basically got addicted to pink floyd. got every cd, movie, and learned everything about them, they became my obsession and life, for a while this was the only thing i would EVER listen to. pure genius, they change your emotions like no other
3)Yes- my dad introduced me to them, just like every other band i listen to, and they are amazing, they also give you feelings unexplainable when you listen to them
4)zeppelin-listened to them since fourth grade and they with other bands truly made me who i am today. i appreciate talent
5) i could name off a lot of other great bands like grateful dead, and other classic rock or jam bands, but im sure there will be another band that will truly change my life so ill leave this one blank
strangers passing in hte street by chance two separate glances meet... and i am you and what i see is me
clapton- unplugged is the greatest album ive ever heard
more but i dont wanta type
--------------------------------------- OFFICIAL COOK OF NEWSCHOOLERS 'Shut the fuck up Donnie, your out of your element.'