I'm putting together a group who would be interested in a production run of ON3P Baby Billy Goats. Basically the same build but with a narrower waist.
The idea of this ski is to have that same mix of directional playfulness and charge-ability of the Billy Goat, but less work to put on edge. Intended use:
- The day after. When there's still stashes to chase but you don't want to haul the full size BG all over the mountain to get to them.
- It snowed just a few inches so it's soft out there.
- Do it all travel ski. If it snows 2 feet the night before, you're still good to go, but if it doesn't you're going to appreciate having less underfoot.
- A slightly more friendly backcountry ski but with the standard ON3P construction as opposed to the Steeple.
Here are the specs as confirmed by Scott...
- 108 underfoot.
- 186cm with normal tip and tail rocker profile. Regular tail, which has always worked just fine with my skins anyway.
- Same flex / build as the regular BG.
- Cost would likely be around $749-799 range.
- Standard green ON3P bases and black sidewalls
- We can choose any top sheet from the past 2 seasons, or any of the new 2017 top sheets (which we will see in a few weeks with SIA coming up). We can put it to a vote or people can list their top 3 choices and we'll determine accordingly to try to make everyone happy. Some have suggested the Thanks Obama.
- Production and delivery would be approximately in mid March.
We need at least 12 people for production. If you're interested join the list on the original thread over here on TGR:
Or if you don't have a TGR account and don't want to create one, you can list yourself here in this thread.