AlsoKnownAsIve never used acrylic as a top sheet. Try drilling with a tiny bit first, then going in with a larger size. Also maybe try taping where you'll be drilling.
If you get it to work, make sure you also drill a bigger hole at the top of your hole to countersink your bolt or screw head.
I guess if it's not working you could glue it. In that case I might try a decent 2 part epoxy to get a good bond.
Yeah that was my initial idea, was to counter sink the screws. But I didn't try taping first. That wouldve been a smart thing to do!. Definitely might try that next time. I tried using a drill bit and then using a bigger one so I could countersink the screw but it cracked anyways. The stuff is super tough but as soon as you put the screw in it wants to crack.
-WZ-counter sink it for sure, you could even try nailing it in once its counter sunk if the nail doesnt crack it but screws do. if you have to get glue id look at epoxy as well
I Thought about nails but I was worried about the lip of the nail coming over the top of the sheet and catching on my skis. When I tried to do two different drill bits so I could countersink it it cracked. Idk how it wouldve handled a nail, I shouldve tried that.
BUT! my buddy is an electrician/construction worker and recommended using epoxy just like you guys did. We ended up finding some waterproof silicone stuff. My buddy said once it sets its super hard to remove so we tried that last night. We put a ton on in zigzags and lines all over the sheet and then pressed it down and set weights on it (to make sure it sets right) I'm going to give it 24hrs to set and see what the results are. I'll let you guys know what I find out. Thanks for your help!