Mammoth Mountain is hiring freeski coaches. Freeski coaches ski with a group or 6-8 athletes ranging in ages from 9-18 both in and out of the park. You receive a seasons pass as well as competitive pay. The work is mostly part time 15-30 hours a week
Coaches who join the Mammoth Team will be asked to:
- Provide safe, fun and interesting training sessions for athletes of varying ages and skill levels.
- Work with other coaches to design, implement, evaluate and adjust season-long training and competition plans.
- Teach by example with frequent demonstrations.
- Maintain accurate daily journals of training activities.
- Maintain frequent contact with parents on athletic, behavioral and academic issues.
- Assist in team trips to other areas for competitions where appropriate.
- Promote MMSST Team Philosophy and act as role model for athletes.
- PSIA/AASI Certification or USSA/USASA is preferred for most positions but not required for all
(Mammoth offers training and certification programs for successful candidates).
- Experience working with young athletes is preferred.
- High School graduate and fluent in the English language.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team structure with other coaches and training groups.
- Must possess the ability to demonstrate basic skiing and snowboarding techniques.
- Basic computer skills required and experience with Word, Excel and Google Docs programs preferred.
Please apply at
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.