Welcome to our new beta design! Click here to go back to the old Newschoolers.
Mike.RecordsCUFST drama: http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/ci_27760062/former-cu-club-ski-coach-under-investigation-over
MiniMeDannytips for going to school in Boulder
1. don't join CUFST it will not progress your skiing, you can obviously still ride with everyone on the squid team without paying for membership
2. spend weekends out in summit if you plan on skiing both saturday and sunday, driving back to Boulder on saturday nights to party is not worth being stuck in traffic and then driving back out to ski on Sunday morning
3. LEARN HOW TO FLOW JUMP LINES, Colorado has some of the best jumps in America, learn how to put lines together instead of just hucking tricks here and there
- examples of fun jump lines:
- 180 to sw 3 to zerospin
- 3 to 5 to sw cork7
- 180 to sw5 to cork9
- 180 to swbackflip to sw5
avoid reverting when putting together lines and avoid sw180's that trick is super weak and is pretty much just a revert
4. dont smoke weed in your dorm room and be careful when purchasing loud ass weed that will smell up your whole dorm floor even when it's not lit
5. intramural sports can be mad fun, highly recommend playing intramural dodgeball
6. there are sooo many beautiful women out in boulder, don't be shy ;)
7. have safe sex even if your drunk impulses tell you otherwise
8. watch out for mip's when partying on the hill during the first few weeks of school, the cops are thirrrrsty at the beginning of the year
9. make the most your time out at CU, i went there for 3 years, had a blast Freshman year, then moved into a stony house and shit went downhill fast. Don't get tooo trapped in Boulder itself, Colorado's an amazing state to explore.
Hope you have a great year!