I'll start from the beginning just so everyone can know what kind of situation im in and also what decision I should make.
6 days ago I went cliff jumping with some friends. The cliff was 50 ft tall and it went into a deep slow moving river.
I decided to front flip in first try because I thought it would hurt if I messed up but I would not get seriously hurt if i landed weird. (The cliff didnt look as high from the top.) So I front flipped,over rotated, and sprawled out onto my head. I smacked my back and I felt like I had whiplash after getting out of the water. I iced my back and neck and my neck started hurting alot. I knew I did something bad like I tweaked out a nerve or something like that. I drove home soon after and went to urgent care. The doctor X ray'ed me and said everything looked good and said just ice my neck and back...I was relieved. When I got home my mom called me saying they found something later on the X ray and I need to lye down right away. An ambulance came and took me to the hospital. After lots of X rays they saw that I had a bone out of place by a little like 1 half a milimiter but it wasnt out if place enough to worry and they later found i had fractured my c5 virtibra after a catscan. The doctor there said get a follow up appointment with a new nero doctor around a week from the fall and she sent me home with a neck brace also saying if theirs no pain you can get it off in a week. I have had no pain after the first day. I just got back from the follow up appointment and the new nero doctor said I have to wear the collar for 2-3 months I was annoyed but thought "hey I should still be good for ski season or most of it....." The doctor said the bone will fully heal within 2-4 months. I was bummed but not to upset cus I thought "hey as long as I can ski in the winter then its ok!" We then asked the doctor how long do you recommend i wait till I ski or play ultimate frisbee again?......."1 year"....... he said there is a chance the ligaments are damaged and there is no way to tell if they are besides a MRI and thats not 100% perfect so im not changing what I say even if you get an MRI. So he said I recommend one year before you ski again or can do sports like soccer,ultimate,basketball, or football just to be safe. This hit me so hard........to be honest I cried.... I haven't cried in 3 years... I literally cant explain how hard this effected me but some of you would know how I feel. My question is do I ski and take it easy? I feel like in the winter especially if I dont have the collar on and its 3 months since I got the collar off and I feel 100% I will want to be dead if I cant ski. Thats how much I like to ski...... Its crazy how hard and upsetting it would be for me to not ski in the winter especially after 5 months of not skiing.... Should I take the risk? I really want to.... honestly I love skiing more then anything....More then friends...more then food....more then pussy.... or should I take it easy even tho I know I will suffer...This is so frustrating because I know I will be fine in 5 months............... Should I find another doctor? I would take any surgery or pain to be able to ski in the winter.... the way it seams I will be fine in five months...... he just doesnt want to take any chances but honestly I feel ill be fine and I recover really quick.