Welcome to our new beta design! Click here to go back to the old Newschoolers.
loganschnurBetter than before. Three main points though, and one of them is really really minute.
1. Song jacking a memorable Stept segment
2. Some of the park steadicam shots made me nauseous. I don't know particularly why but instead of focusing on the skier I found myself focusing on the shakiness of the surroundings.
3. I personally think "Behind the Mustache" is a dumb title for what you're trying accomplish.
R-EDsweet thanks bud, all good points. Haven't seen that stept segment so unintentional on the song jacking.
I know a few of the shots are really shaky I didn't use a stedicam for a lot of them but wanted to included some jump shots and didn't have many, in hindsight it may have been better to remove them.
now you mention it, the name is dumb and I think that this is because, the original idea for the video was as more of an interview with skiing in the background (more like the first edit) and obviously i have changed that now so the name is stupid.
thanks for your feedback I really appreciate it!
WPochI liked the sliding transitions when they were used correctly, because some of them were a little out of place.
WPochdude honestly, the name is the least important part of the edit. dont stress about that. Anyways, it was a good edit! I liked the sliding transitions when they were used correctly, because some of them were a little out of place.
- The transition at 2:40 could have been a little smoother, as well as the song didn't quite fit the mood of the edit (vibe from the first song sticks to rest of edit).
- Could have ended it a little better than just putting your name over the skiing shots. Like maybe end it with another interview shot that holds meaning towards the whole edit? Just a thought.
- I liked the gopro faceshots!
- Better stabilization and don't use the FXP stabilization effect as that makes every nauseous.
- I FUCKING LOVED THE INTERVIEW SHOTS OF HIM DESCRIBING THE JP SHOTS. That to me was the smoothest and best editing work.
Overall good job dude. It's hard making good edits.
loganschnurThis. The sliding transitions reminded me of the transitions from "Sunny" in a good way.