I liked the overall edit, although a few things I would change/add/things to work on:
* The slow motion at the beginning didn't really fit with the music and it felt awkward (when he was doing the 2 on)
* I wouldn't use the anamorphic black crop bars, it doesn't really fit with the video and it makes the framing feel weird based on how you shot the edit.
* I think to take this edit further you could add sound effects of the skiers hitting the rails, landing, etc. Perhaps you didn't use a good enough mic for the sound but that is something you should consider in the future.
* Like you said, it was your first time filming this season, with time the framing of your shots will be better.
A couple things I liked:
* The colors, you did a good job balancing the color throughout the entire edit.
* The titles, they were clean and to the point.
I recommend checking out this thread for some more tips too: http://www.newschoolers.com/forum/thread/773816/Critique--+K-