Welcome to our new beta design! Click here to go back to the old Newschoolers.
Michael_ThatcherI liked the overall edit, although a few things I would change/add/things to work on:
* The slow motion at the beginning didn't really fit with the music and it felt awkward (when he was doing the 2 on)
* I wouldn't use the anamorphic black crop bars, it doesn't really fit with the video and it makes the framing feel weird based on how you shot the edit.
* I think to take this edit further you could add sound effects of the skiers hitting the rails, landing, etc. Perhaps you didn't use a good enough mic for the sound but that is something you should consider in the future.
* Like you said, it was your first time filming this season, with time the framing of your shots will be better.
A couple things I liked:
* The colors, you did a good job balancing the color throughout the entire edit.
* The titles, they were clean and to the point.
I recommend checking out this thread for some more tips too: http://www.newschoolers.com/forum/thread/773816/Critique--+K-
StefanEricksoncurious what glass you used?
sam_andersonLooked sweet dude ! what camera do you use?
I used a rokinon 35mm t1.5 and a canon 70-200 f4
SIMPLE.such a good edit man. Only problem is your skiers aren't as good as your filming is hahaha. Whites were a lil washed out in some of the shots but hardly noticed it unless I was rly critiquing it.
StefanEricksonHow do you like it as far as glidecam work goes? easy to keep steady or pretty difficult to get the shot your looking for?
BeefSistaNice edit haha better than anything i can do
Just a question though, how did u get that kind of crisp colour/ film look in your video because i have a conon 60d and use premier pro and i can't manage to pull off that crisp look in your shots. It would help a lot!