Hey guys so me and my friend really like this TV show (American Horror Story) and she missed the first few episodes of the new season and she isn't from the richest family so her mom shut off their internet to save money. She can't watch the old episodes and if she started in watching in the middle of the season it would be hard to understand etc. They don't rerun the first 3 episodes anymore on TV, I checked.
So my plan is to burn the episodes onto DVD's that will work from her DVD player. I will write a letter about how cool she is and wrap them up and put it in her locker at school and it has potential to be a killer present. I just could use some help with the technical aspect.
So I torrented the episodes in the best quality I could find, and they are .MKV files. I'm assuming I'll need to convert these to .Avi or .mp4 in order to burn them since .MKV is such a weird uncommon file (As far as I know)
1. So what is the best video converter that won't take away from the quality? These are 1 gig + files, so make sure the converter can handle them. I need this program to be free, or I need to be able to torrent it.
2. What file should I convert the MKV to in order for it to look/work the best on the DVDs?
3. What discs should I use/what will work the best?
will these be okay? http://www.officemax.com/technology/drives-memory-storage/cds-dvds-and-data-storage/dvd-media/product-prod2050054
I plan on having each episode on a different disc to make it easier for her to watch. If those won't be fast enough can you please recommend some? preferably a 10 pack because I won't have much use for DVD's after this. Please find them on bestbuy, office max, target, radio shack, or walmart because I live 10 miles away from those stores so I can go pick them up. Basically please find them on a website that has stores, not just an online store. (if the ones I linked aren't good enough)
4. What burner should I use?
I haven't burned a movie since like 2006, and when I did then it had a watermark because I used a shitty free burner. What is the best burner that is free that doesn't have an obnoxious watermark? If it isn't free I need to be able to torrent it, I can't really afford a software I'll only use a handful of times.
5. Once burned, will it be able to play on any DVD player? I don't know what kind she has but I'm assuming it's pretty basic. I'll test it on my player, and my ps3 before I give it to her.
I go to a tiny class C school and this is one of my last options with the ladies. She's like the only one that's fine that I have a chance with/isn't stuck up. Since she doesn't have everything handed to her she's super down to earth and cool and i really like her for that. So please NS, help a brotha out any info helps.
need any clarification on what I need just ask. Thanks. This is my life when I can't ski haha