So basically it seems that we get a lot of contest sways on NS home page. I'm not looking to take away from that b.c people will post those threads regardless. I just posted one a week ago.
I created a cult for swaying contests. The members in it would benefit from the help received in their own contest sways, but also be required to help the other members win sways.
I haven't created the rules for the cult and stickied them yet, because input from everyone else would be good. So far i've been thinking..
- One contest sway per member per month (or 2 months? cult decision)
- New members cannot post a sway until they have been active in the cult for a month. This is a preventative measure so people don't just join when they decide they need some help. This cult is about giving help just as much as getting it. (may make an exception for the members who join in the first two weeks)
- If two members happen to participate in the same contest, them member who asks for help first and has a link to an active submission in the contest will receive help.
- If this cult works well, new sways will be sent out in a mass PM (once) to all members to request their votes.
- Members who don't contribute and help will be booted and compiled into a list so everyone knows who they are.
- We'll have to think about the rules regarding contests that involve any sort of sign up that's a bit lengthy, although sways are usually pretty quick otherwise people don't vote.
We'll make a thread and compose a list of rules that we all decide on then it'll be compiled into a list and stickied.
Basically, if this works then there is a good chance we all stand to gain and win internet swag in little contests.
I just made it. If you just joined and have two posts, you might not be accepted. Here is the page for it. Never made a cult, so if I have to invite you just PM me.