Welcome to the Newschoolers forums! You may read the forums as a guest, however you must be a registered member to post.
Register to become a member today!
I've recently been working on my misty's and I'm wondering if anyone had a real good definition, or walk-through. I have stuck 3/4 of em in the pipe but never off straight jump
i dont know if this is what you mean, but what helped me was thinking of throwing your right arm across your body and down towards your feet. And imagine like you are rolling off a table, like a kitchen table, as if you were laying on it and rolling off. That tip helped me alot but i dont know just watch alot of videos and put it in real slow motion like frame by frame then learn them on the tramp and they arent to hard on snow, although i have yet to land one cleanly
The misty flip is not totally a adirect flip but more of an offaxis 540 or 720. It can be done fully inverted to an extent with more of a front full action or to just an axis spin with a kinda loop to landing. There are sooooooo many ways to do this trick and, how and what you do in the air is different for every person. We will give you an explanation on how we were taught and how we do them. It maybe different than others but it works for us.
Things you should be able to do before attempting:
2. 540 and 720.
3. Be able to land these tricks.
4.Not get scared when flipping.
5. Attempt this trick maybe into a pool or trampoline before snow. But not vital.
6. Be able to pop and be balanced in the air well.
Here is the explanation: Follow the sequence to aid understanding.
1. First off, come in to the jump with sufficient speed.
2. Be very balanced and in a good take off position.
3. Give a good strong pop,and as you pop punch downwith your right arm to your left foot.
4. As you do this kinda let yourself roll. When you punch down you begin to spin and flip. Your body should kinda tuck in to your knees and you should rotate to left and around.
5. I was told just think of rolling over the edge of a table.
6. If you have done correctly so far you should just naturall become partially inverted and be slowly rotating. As your off axis or near inverted you should begni to see the ground just after 360.
7. When you view the ground most people will just left their feet natural come under and land 540.
8. I personally rather spin 720 so as I see the ground I keep my left shoulder open and keep rotating towards 720.
9.When you are landing you will most likely open up some so that you have good strength and balance. As you finish you flip and spin you will be rotating abit asyou land.
10. So be ready and stare down your landing, and Stick the trick. The more air you have th eslower you will have to do the trick. and the earlier you might hav eto open up to land.
Good luck and have fun. You will be able to understand the trick the best if you check the sequence.
jeff got it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that was fromtha good old freeskionline.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
think about it as a roll on your shoulder to fakie ( just roll over yare shoulder on tha ground and get up fakie, that's what a misty 5 should look like
President of the crazed posting brother of NS.com
I'm feeling greeaaaattt!!!!
throw down and whatever way you spin and tuck yer legs you you will stick it.... if yer not a moron
All times are Eastern (-4)