It's still lost revenue.
I think this is a horrible example, but I'll play ball because I'm stubborn & honestly think I can change your mind. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say that Newschoolers depends on it...
- The person running a toothpaste ad on TV isn't making money off of people watching an ad -- he's making money off of people buying the toothpaste. (In contrast, we're making money off of people watching ads on our site)
- People will buy toothpaste whether or not they see an ad about toothpaste. Toothpaste companies make money by selling their toothpaste, not by people watching their ads. (In contrast, we don't get any revenue if people don't see the ads running on our site)
- The TV show and network make their money from ads both in and around the show, along with other sources of revenue. (In contrast, we only make revenue from ads)
- People pay for television and streaming services. (In contrast, people don't pay to use Newschoolers)
- Newschoolers doesn't charge a dime for people to use our site. Hell, we actually pay our members for using it.
- The only source of income Newschoolers has is through ads -- so if everyone used adblock, NS would literally have to shut down.
- What would we do with an extra 75k? We put it right back into improving the the site! We'd bring you features you've been asking for. We'd inject a shitload of cashflow into photographer, producer, and journalism programs. Maybe we'd do a free tour or license movies for web premieres. Maybe we'd finally develop a killer NS app. Either way, we wouldn't pocket it -- but use it to give back to the members that support the site.
Just my 2 cents!