I've recently begun having this pain with my Full Tilts this season. It happens on both ankles, one third of the way up on the outside of my calf, between the 2 and 3 o clock position on my right and 9 and 10 o clock position on my left leg. It feels like the pain is in the tendons or muscles. It gradually fades over 4 or 5 days but is re-activated after one day of skiing.
Before you jump to conclusions (should have seen a bootfitter, and so on):
- I went to a bootfitter and was fitted for the boots.
- The boots felt fine after I broke them in (3 days). They felt amazing by the 5th day.
- The pain did not start until my 6th day of skiing this season.
- This is not shinbang (had it in my last pair of boots), it's more on the side of the leg.
- Hurts badly when I press on the area after a day of skiing.
My two theories are: after the liner packed out, the padding grew thin in the area where the intuition liner ends (the inside seam or whatever you wanna call it). When I tighten the top buckle, I can feel the part where the buckle is attached to the shell press into my leg. Whether the seam of the liner or the buckle/shell is to blame I'm not sure.
I sprained both ankles at some point (as indicated by the tendon pain) from one of the many times I wrecked and every time I ski it aggravates the sprain as I haven't given it time to heal.
I will try to see a bootfitter in the near future but know there are some knowledgeable people on here who might have seen this problem before. +k for helpful answers.