Hey guys, so I'm moving out to Whistler pretty soon and need to get some pow skis. I've done a ton of research so far and these two really stand out to me. I have a proform for 4frnt and I get a slight discount on moment so they are both good on my wallet. Inb4 ON3P, I can't afford it, I have too many other expenses (IE rent, food).
- I'm 18, 5'10, 150, expert skier
- I like a mid/long radius turn, I like a mid to stiff ski, rocker/camber/rocker
- I ski a mix of wide open bowls and tight trees, love bouncing off pillows
- I want a ski that can surf in pow but still lay tracks on groomers
- Realistically I won't spend a lot of time skiing switch, some spins, I like to butter
- These will be my only ski other than my Rossi Scratches for park and groomers
- I will be mounting them with Marker Barons so I can tour, lighter is better
Whistler is hardly ever total blower, it's often heavy, tracked snow; you really need a versatile ski that won't get bounced around in heavier snow.
On paper, they are both 'similar' skis, both just under 120mm, both have a mid 20's turn, both have r/c/r. Bibby's are stiffer and lighter. I've heard YLE's are a mid flex, definitely heavier than the bibby. Bibby's are more charge but can still jib, YLE's can jib but I'm not sure how much they can charge. Bibby's are a traditional twin with a -5 mount, YLE's are symmetrical with a -2 or -2.5 mount.
184 Bibby: 143-116-134, 24.5m radius, $420 with my code
187 YLE: 140-119-140, 25m radius, $600 with my code
Right now I'm leaning towards the Bibby but there really isn't that much info out there on YLE's. I like the price point of the YLE because I still have a lot of other gear to buy. If anyone has skied em I'd love your input.