So I just got my black edition hero 3 today and i've been messing around with it. First of all, sick camera! the remote is going to be super clutch too.
Anyways, I've been reading about the Protune feature that GoPro has now. If you haven't heard about it, here's the basics...
- 24fps frame rate, enabling GoPro HERO3 content to be easily intercut with other sources without a frame rate conversion
- 35Mbps data rate for the industry’s highest quality compressed image with virtually zero artifacts
- Neutral colour profile, allowing for greater flexibility in a colour correction workflow
- Log curve encoding, offering more detail in shadows and highlights
- Reduced sharpening and noise reduction for improved flexibility in professional post- production and colour design workflows
My question is, is it worth if for me to use Protune when I'm filming even if I dont ever do any post production work, like color grading? Seems like the higher frame rate and data rate would be ideal for ski shots.