This might be somewhat relevant.
Urban 270 On
Trick Tip Credit: tiptap
1. Approach is very important for a 270 on. Coming up to the rail, be in the same position as you would for a 360. *note*: this may just be me, but for the longest time , I would ski up to the box, make the 270 perfectly, and fall of the rail same thing happened for about 60 tries, then I got a concussion, but that’s another story. What my mistake was on the 270 was that I would approach the rail, and the motion of my spin would push me in that direction (ie. I spin left, and I would keep falling off to the left). The solution to this problem is to either a) approach the rail farther to the side you are spinning away from (right side, for me) or b) exaggerate number 2 insanely.
2. Pop 270! For this pop, more than any other (“What about 450 on?”… “SHUT UP!”) you MUST differentiate between the pop and the spin. It goes like this: pop, spin. Pop THEN spin. POP THEN SPIN!
3. The spin. For the rotation, a special trick is available, which becomes very useful when you are going on to a long rail. Instead of aiming to spin 270, try to spin 180, and then push the last 90 around. You should be facing just slightly off of straight back, with your feet in ‘grind’ position. While this may not look like much (or may be confusing) this helps immensely, as it slows down your rotation speed. Which means you spin less on the rail.
The Ski Bums Code to Succesfull liveing:
1) Never fry bacon when you're naked.
2) Always keep at least one foot on the floor when it comes to eating dinner,drinking tequila or playing cards.
3) Don't suck.
"I'd prefer ON3P to be a strictly 'gyspy only' company thank you." -Ginko