Mainly looking to shoot photos like 70% photo 30% video
1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
Around 1000 $ right
off the bat, but then probably around 100 a month after that
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
I have never owned a DLSR, but I have a lot of experience with them and film cameras
3) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
An old tripod, and a
couple Minolta lens, not much
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
Mostly I would be
using to shot skiing and surfing, plus landscapes
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
I would be doing all
of the filming
6) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
Macbook 2008 not
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
---------------------------Optional Section, for those seeking a more intensive upgrade/purchase------------------------
1) Do you think you might consider using a DSLR?
2) Do you have any knowledge about the HDSLRS?
3) Do you know the limitations to using HDSLRS?
4) Are you willing to take the time to learn about a DSLR, and how to shoot with manual lenses?