Hey guys been searching around and reading peoples threads on ski shops messing up and my situation seems to be just in the middle of everyone else, allow me to elaborate.
1) I bought a pair of Icelantic Gypsy's and Atomic Tracker bindings online.
2) I brought them to the only shop in town that can mount them to get them mounted.
3) Signed the paper work with the owner and drew the line on the ski where I wanted it. (Boot Center)
4) The owner calls me today saying he messed up mounting my bindings and mounted one boot center and one core center.
What should the ski shop do for me? I feel bad since they only made the 100$ off me but I don't really want holes...
His offer was:
1) Repair the holes and give me 50$ credit on top of free mounting.
2) Get me new skis. Only issue is they don't carry them and when I asked for him to do this he got all bitchy and complained about how much it would cost him. He said he will "check" if he can get them in and thought I was a "reasonable man" and would just take the credit.
Am I wrong for asking too much? I was thinking about just asking for a comparable ski he has?