I saw something very similar happen outside my office the other day. A woman was walking away from her car and cops snuck up behind her quick searched the car, "clear", moved on and guns drawn yelling at the woman to get on the ground. She walked forward like nobody was talking to her and was slammed to the sidewalk and busted her knee up. She was arrested for shooting her boyfriend, so force was necessary, they thought she was armed.
Mike Rogge: "Why do you think the best skiers in the world come from the east coast?"
Tom Wallisch: "We've ski'd the worst so the best comes easy."
"On the way down - it's awesome." - CR Johnson
yeah right buddy. 98% of the time cops get away with it because they aren't caught on tape. the other 2% of the time, they get caught on tape, the media makes a big deal, and they get suspended with pay.
but for real, you guys are picking the teens side? if she wasn't drunk at school and attacking her mom and teacher she would not have put anyone in that situation. more than half of you probably got a possession of marijuana charge and now you think all cops are evil and out to get you.... #hoodratlife?
Granted, the vast majority of police are probably aren't abusive assholes, but I guarantee for every one video we see theres probably 3. What the fuck are you gonna do if someone pins a shiny badge to your chest, gives you a gun, baton, handcuffs and mace and then tells you that you essentially have unbridled authority? Its simple. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
rodney king was actually a self admitted wife beater, criminal, and piece of shit. his incidence of police brutality and subsequent injustice just happened to get publicized in the way that it did.
im a strong supporter of equal protection under the law, and probably hold law enforcement to higher standards than most, but people shouldnt be too worried about what rodney king's opinion might have been