For those of you that don't have the luxury of reading 'Ski Canada', I thought I'd share some of the interesting facts from a recent article I found.
- Typical speeds were consistent at ski areas across the US with an average speed of 43kph (standard deviation of 11.2kph) and maximum speed of 83.7 kph
- 84% of skiers and boarders were in excess of 31.7kph and 16% in excess of 54.2
- Skiers go an average of 5.6kph faster than boarders
- Those with helmets go faster than those without
- Males go 6.4kph faster than females
- People, on the whole, underestimate their speed. This difference increases as speed increases.
- It took little effort to get three digits (107kph) on slow, spring snow
'It's not pretty being easy.'