Hey there, stoked that your planning on going to UBC!
I am from Toronto and in the faculty of engineering at UBC, it is a really sick place.
Before telling you all the good stuff about it I am going to be honest and tell you what your going to experience going to UBC engineering
- first year engineering is hard as fuck, most people that go into it don't finish in engineering. I know a lot of people that didn't make it
- it rains quite a bit, it sounds like a myth but its true
- all your friends in arts are going to be partying all the time, you're going to be working most of the time
- for me at least, most of my friends went to Queens and Western and UBC is huge
- it is such a big school its hard to find a group to chill with (don't worry keep reading)
Now for why you should go to UBC engineering
- one of the best schools for engineering, its research programs are unreal
- there are a million things to get involved in, just got to commit to one of them
- the ubc ski and board club is the most funded club, it is sponsored by Cariboo (beer) and Monster (energy drinks). They throw down huge jams on the regular and give you amazing deals all over Vancouver (including all the ski shops)
- Vancouver is an amazing city, you can do so much cool shit its unreal
- WHISTLER BLACKCOMB!!!!!!!!!!
- cypress, seymour, grouse
- the days when its not raining are the nicest sunniest days you'll ever see
hope this helps let me know if you need any help with anything