$50 for foot beds is cheap. Good ones are $150. I used to ski in Dalbello Kryptons and after 30 days of skiing the liner in them would significantly break down and my inner ankle would kill me. I then put some intuition liners in there and it helped a lot but wasn't perfect. Even if your boots are the right size/length, the ankle pocket may just not fit you well. Here's what I would do:
1. Buy a nice pair of ski socks for $15-$20...only wear one pair, never two or three or five
2. Get a good foot bed, not some bitch-ass pussy trim to fit, get one that is made for your feet
3. Try and see what your ankle is hitting in the boot, maybe they can punch the shell there
4. If they can't punch the shell at that point because of a rivet or something then you should buy a different boot.
5. If you have no money for new boots, then you are screwed.
Best of luck. Don't worry though, you will be able to ski again someday.