Hello all, and welcome to the world's very first Jibberish online competition! Tonight we will see the sport's elite compete in a battle over the coveted pat on the back! But don't wet your pants just yet folks, there's plenty to do before you can get in on this fun!
Here are the steps for entry:
1) Download and install FRAPS HERE!
2) Download and install the Bink utility HERE!
3) Find some good Jammin' music and get it loaded and ready in WinAMP, WMP, or whatever your favorite media player is! (This step is optional, but music makes it all better!)
4) Go to the options menu in Jibberish and and then the Graphics Mode menu. Then turn off windowed mode (and select the largest resolution possible on your computer, but remember that no matter how big you make the screen the video will always be the same size!)
5) Open FRAPS, then click the movies tab. Specify the folder you want your clip to be saved to, then set the video capture key to the key of your choice (I recomend keeping the default F9). Then chose Full-size and 30 fps.
6) Minimize FRAPS, and load up Jibberish! make your your skier is lookin' good, then ski down to the final park feature in the Mammoth park (the giant wall that says Mammoth on it) and be sure to leave enough room to get up to speed!
7) Pause the game, turn on the music, then continue the game and press F9 when you are aproaching the wall (You should notice a drop in the frame rate)
8) Throw down your best shit, make your to make it stylish and smooth. You also have to land it correctly! just because you don't fall in the game doesn't mean you landed it correctly! When you're done just press F9 again to stop recording (You only have 30 seconds, which should be more than enough! Don't use too much time because then the file will be too big!)
9) Open the RAD Video Tools, then direct it to the folder containing the video file you just made. Highlight the video and then click BINK IT! (in the bottom left corner). Set any settings you'd like to change (the defaults should be fine) and then click Bink on the right side of the window. Wait for it to finish converting the file, then watch it and make sure there are no quality issues. (THIS STEP IS NECESSSARY BECAUSE FRAPS RECORDS THE VIDEO IN AVI FORMAT, AND THE VIDEO IN AVI FORMAT WILL TAKE UP OVER 100MB OF SPACE! THE BINK VIDEO SHOULD BE LESS THAN 5MB! 5MB IS THE BIGGEST A VIDEO CAN BE FOR POSTING ON NS, AND NOBODY WANTS TO DOWNLOAD A 100MB VIDEO OF YOUR TRICK IN JIBBERISH!)
10) Log onto Newschoolers, then upload your video to the Misc. videos section. and then post here with the link!
After everybody has figured it out (it just sounds complicated, it's not really that bad...) and enough people have submitted entries everybody will vote on which one was the best. The winner will recieve a pat on the back from all of the loosers!
On my way to goddom