700 but can do 800
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
owned a point and shoot but use my friends hv30 alot
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
tripod and can borrow a fig rig, shoulder mount, and mics from my media teacher and plan to buy some stabilizers.
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
---------------------------Optional Section, for those seeking a more intensive upgrade/purchase------------------------
1) Do you think you might consider using a DSLR?
2) Do you have any knowledge about the HDSLRS?
only used 1 a couple of times but have been doing some research
3) Do you know the limitations to using HDSLRS?
some of them
4) Are you willing to take the time to learn about a DSLR, and how to shoot with manual lenses?
yes very much so
5) Again, do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?