I really hate to make this thread but, here goes
1) What is your budget? %00 max
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? A couple camcorder shots and thing i've been browsing on this forum of NS for awhile.
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? None
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? I plan on filming skiing,scooter,skateboard and longboard eedits
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming? Preferably a camera that i can hand to my friends but i still want all those extra features.
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? Follow cams and sometimes tripods.
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great. Windows 7 64 bit
4gigs of ram 250gb of hard drive AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.80Ghz.
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout) Sony Vegas Pro 9 and about 3.5
---------------------------Optional Section, for those seeking a more intensive upgrade/purchase------------------------
1) Do you think you might consider using a DSLR? For sure
2) Do you have any knowledge about the HDSLRS? No
3) Do you know the limitations to using HDSLRS? No
4) Are you willing to take the time to learn about a DSLR, and how to shoot with manual lenses? Yes for sure
5) Again, do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming? Illl probably be doing all the filming
Again, im sorry for making this thread but i dont know what camera to get