I'm assuming you are not talking about urban rails so here is what the trick tip cult says about it:
Trick tip: MADDECENT
1. Approach the rail with your feet wide
2. POP before you begin to turn sideways, don't rush it.
3. As your tails leave the ground, turn sideways. Be looking at the end of the rail throughout the entire rail. When you are first learning, focus on keeping your shoulders facing downhill and having your lower body turned perpendicular to the rail. This will help drastically with keeping you on the rail the entire way.
4. Land on the rail with your feet wide and your knees bent. The vast majority of people will be used to hockey stopping on snow, so when they try to grind, they will lean back on their uphill edges and slip back. Some people teach 60% of your weight on your back foot, 40% on your front, but I say 50/50.
5. Keep wide feet, low stance, looking at the end of the rail, and with a few tries you'll have it down
I would recommend joining this cult, it is very helpful
Without a job, how do you feel like you're contributing to society?
Sorry, slipping out is the only concern ever. I like to think about "sliding over the rail" rather than "grinding" it because that paints a better picture IMO. Naturally my right foot is down the rail, and if I pretend to lead with my right shoulder I stay more centered. I dunno for some reason the balance just *clicks* at one point, and most rails become very possible. Don't get tense, relax, and feel the rail with your feet. If you slide off early, you should be able ride away clean anyways, forward of switch. The basic railslide is easy once you dial it in, very easy. Look at where you're gonna contact the rail, and once you do just stare at the end or runout and let the rail slide along underneath. There is little effort exerted, just some core balance.
Hai : )
But chicks love that shit almost as much as they love smiley faces... And we all know bitches fucking love smiley faces. - thugaim
Arabian. here, taking a quick break from sucking dick and redesigning drapes to tell you that I approve of this thread - Arabian
It's not like I burst out of the womb going La Di Da shitting rainbows and sneezing glitter.
I had to be sure. - Arabian.
my girlfriend just knows afterbang involves no cuddling - dbchili.