1.what is your current job?
2.what eduction did you get post high school?
3. if you had to start again would you take the same path why or why not?
4.what advantages/ disadvantages does the average person in this line of work face?
5.what advice would you give to me and other students wanting to pursue this line of work?
6.what is the comparison of luck versus skill when getting promoted though the higher ranks?
7.when should i go about getting stared on my flight training?
8.how much skiing can you get done on the side?
1) pilot in the family
2) flying school, all the necessary shit to get commercial license
3/5) research your company and the guy who runs it, find the most stable one and never leave
4) pros - lots of money, (i think americans get a lot less actually), flying, nice people, independence (no micro managing), dealing with new things regularly...
cons - volatile business, messed up circadian rhythm, routine, being tested every 6 months, odd work hours (hard to see the same friends on the regular)
6) seniority > skill/record >> luck, but different airlines have difference things going on
8) a lot, equivalent to high school if your dedicated, plus theres no weekend warrior/weekend traffic on the weekdays
ive been given advice to look for something else, but if i was into flying then i would be a pilot obviously, but i know it can be profitable. just hope your airline doesnt crash into an ocean/building/mountain frequently