So there have been alot of warranty questions floating around her over the last few weeks and I would like to clear up some issues people may have.
NOT UNDER WARRANTY
1) First and most importantly, COMPANIES WILL NOT WARRANTY FOR RAIL DAMAGE. It doesn't matter whether it is the skis first or 100th day on snow! Once you slide your first rail the ski is no longer under warranty.
2) It does not matter how chipped up and ugly your topsheets look, the company doesn't care. Topsheets do not affect the way your ski handles. The damage is purely cosmetic.
**Note: skis delaminating is under warranty**
3) Rusted edges will not be warrantied. A shop can grind it off for you but the best thing would be to take your skis inside and wipe them down after using them.
4) If your skis are damged from waxing, tuning, etc. The company (most likely)warranty this type of damage.
IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE YOUR SKIS ARE UNDER WARRANTY:
1) If you bought them from a shop thenn return them there. Make sure you have your reciept and any other necesary items.
2) If you bought from the company then call or e-mail them. An important thing to remember is to be patient. Ski companies deal with undred of problems and the last thing any of them want is some jerk pestering them 24/7 demanding they warranty thier product. If you treat them right then they will return the favor.
3) Be prepaired to pay for shipping and/or repairs.
I hope this has been a helpful guide to warrantying your skis. if you have any questions or other helpful tips please post them here. Have a great season everyone!