Red Bull Buttercup is a contest series that started on the East coast but now has expanded throughout the US on a Nation Tour. It's about how much style snowboarders can spread onto the custom-made street features also known as "butter pads."
Snowboarders will jib, bonk, tap and slide across the pads, making sure to lay it on with a lot of smooth buttering. Riders from all over the region will battle it out in a jam format event, carving and spreading the snow like butter for prizes and a chance to take home the BUTTER CUP. Riders must have a valid lift ticket. Snowboard only, entry $10. (Cash Only.)
• AM – beginner/intermediate levels: (Top 3)
• “Pro” – advanced levels (Top 3)
• Female MVP Award
• Best Trick Award
• Jam Session Format
• Qualifying and final heats
• Top 8-10 riders from qualifying heats make it into finals
• 100 rider max per event
• 3 Judges Criteria: creativity, consistency and difficulty
9PM things kick off!