Alright I found this riddle in a book claiming it to be the worlds hardest riddle. it was written by albert einstein when he was young and is said that only around 2% of todays population are capable of solving it. i figured that i would test those odds on newschoolers, the pinnacle of logic, intelligence, and deductive reasoning. ps i was able to solve it after 2 and a half hours.
before you attempt this riddle, know this. **it is NOT a trick question** there is no joke, nothing like that. it can be solved with the information given by using a level headed application of logic and some serious patience.
-There is a street with 5 houses side-by-side,
each painted a different color. A person with a different nationality
lives in each house. The 5 house owners each drink a certain beverage,
play a certain sport, and keep a certain pet. No 2 owners have the same
pet, sport, or drink. Now the question is..
WHO HAS THE FISH?
1. The Briton lives in the red house
2. The Swede has dogs for pets
3. The Dane drinks tea
4. The green house is on the left of the right house
5. The owner of the green house drinks coffee
6. The person who plays football keeps birds
7. The owner of the yellow house plays baseball
8. The man living in the center house drinks milk
9. The norwegian lives in the first house
10. The man who plays volleyball lives next to the one who keeps cats
11. The man who keeps the horse lives next to the man who plays baseball
12. The owner who plays tennis drinks beer
13. The German plays hockey
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house
15. The man who plays volleyball has a neighbor who drinks coffee.
those facts, you can determine who owns the fish. *the way i recommend
approaching it is by making a grid in which the houses in order 1-5 are represented in the
vertical columns and all of the other traits (color, nationality, pet
etc..) are added as horizontal rows.
post if you could solve it (honestly) and if so how long it took you.
I could... But it would take a while. When instead I can just watch some TV, wait for someone else to solve it, and then find out.
On second thought I don't even care who has the fish. So I probably won't even come back to find out.
Cool thread though.
this.style.color='white';"style="color: rgb(255, 165, 0); "methtime you are a fucking boss and i think i love you (no homoe0" - [Purpledino]
"I do it to be like methtime, maybe his coolness will rub off on me" - [Shaman Tokemon]
[alt-255] [alt-255] [alt-30] [enter] [alt 30] [alt 255] [alt 30] ▲
Urban Dictionary Entry: Hovan
a short chubby little penguin who speaks total nonsense, the kind that absolutely no one understands. Occasionally pleasures himself by watching animal porn with his parents. His favorite episode is called "The Penguin Adventures" and his favorite movie is the foot fetish called "Happy Feet". Every Winter he will migrate to the nearest "animal clubhouse" and have the time of his life!
Oh! Look on the sidewalk, is that a Hovan I spotted! Fascinating! When I grow up I want to be