So, i really have loved photography and videography ever since i was a little kid and now i would like to get myself a new camera. Preferably a DSLR and Canon. I was thinking the t2i (550D) but I just want to get your opinion on what you think i should get.
1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
I can spend about 800-1000$ right away, and probably about 500-800 in the next year or so. Possibly more.
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
I have some pretty good experience with cameras. I have owned many including: A Minolta film camera from the 90's that is much like a DSLR except it is film. A Lumix point and shoot, and many other point and shoots. I have helped my cousin out with his t2i and really liked it. I also helped my other cousin out with his Minolta DSLR.
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
I have a ok tripod, and an old lens for a minolta camera.
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
I plan on shooting alot, like skiing, nature, hiking, stills, and i will be doing short films, projects, etc.
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
I would like to be able to hand the camera to them every once and a while, but i would be doing the majority of the filming.
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
Some follow cams, some leave it and hikem mostly film/shoot from a tripod.
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
I have the unibody macbook from this year, SPECS:
* 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache
* 1066MHz frontside bus
* 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB
And i am willing to upgrade.
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
I use Final Cut Express, but I also have the adobe editing programs. I am a 3-4 with FCE and a 1-2 with adobe, but i am willing to take time and learn more.
1) Do you think you might consider using a DSLR?
2) Do you have any knowledge about the HDSLRS?
3) Do you know the limitations to using HDSLRS?
4) Are you willing to take the time to learn about a DSLR, and how to shoot with manual lenses?
Yes i am.
5) Again, do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
I will be doing 95% of the filming.
I've never worn anything except a loin-cloth and nipple warmers between the months of June and September. - ElGato
There is no skiing in seattle at all. Anywhere. The PNW is just a myth. -FRODO