2010 Opening Edit Contest
General: 1st Place--$250 & GoPro 960 2nd Place--$175 3rd Place--$100
GoPro Only: 1st Place--$250 & GoPro HD Hero 2nd Place--$175 3rd Place--$100
Here's how it will work: Pick 1 of 2 Categories to enter under. General & GoPro Only. General category would be for the super serious videographers out there that are trying to make a bangin' edit and win some loot. The GoPro Only category is for existing owners looking to go up against other GoPro heads.
People who would like to enter this contest must physically pick up a contest packet from the Group Sales office here at Bear Creek. Contestants will have 14 days to shoot and edit their videos from the day we open for the 2010 season. Once completed, you must turn in a digital copy of you video to Bear Creek on the Thumb drives provided to you when you enter.
Judging Round 1 - The first round will be an elimination round to determine the top 3 videos from each category to upload to our YouTube channel. This round will be judged by a panel at Bear Creek. Judging parameters for this round will be Filimg Quality & Creativity, Rider Performance, and Portrayal of Bear Creek & our Sponsors.
Judging Round 2 - This round will be judged by the public. For 3 days your videos will be hosted on YouTube to aqquire as many 'Likes' as possible. How you go about doing this on your end is up to you but they will all be linked to on our websites & facebook pages for a fair display.
· The primary filmer/editor is the person who is entering this contest. You may choose to enter the contest under a group name or production company but one person must take responsibility and put their name on the paperwork as the primary recipient of the winnings & prizes.
· Please keep it rated PG-13 :) If your video wins GoPro will most likely use you video for promotional purposes & we may use it as well. This means no music with extremely harsh language. If you think the song you would like to use is questionable, send a link of the song to email@example.com for final approval. Note: instrumental tracks help out with this problem.
· Edits may not exceed 3 minutes in length.
· To qualify for this contest, all riding must be filmed entirely at Bear Creek Mountain Resort.
· The same riders may participate in more than one edit entry.
· Please give credit where credit is due. List your riders. Give credit to the artist for any music you may use. We have also provided logos for the sponsors of this contest. Please use them in some form or another in your edit. Either in the intro or credits.
· Each rider listed in the credits must fill out a Bear Creek 'Model Release' form. We have provided 10 in each contest packet. If you need more you can photo copy a blank one or get more from Bear Creek.
· All edits must be submitted no later than 14 days after our opening day for the 2010 season. If you finish filming and editing before the deadline you may turn it in early. This is also encouraged. Note: Videos will be uploaded in the order we receive them. Naturally the first video uploaded will have most time to be seen within the allotted timeframe to be judged by the public.
· You must submit your edit in a YouTube compatible format on the thumb drives that we provided.
Any further questions can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org