1. Apple warranty repair work works like this
a. you go to authorized repair place.
b. you make claim
c. they look at computer, and okay the warranty claim
d. they order the part direct from Apple
e. apple ships the part fedex overnight out of reno, NV
f. if I order a part by 7pm EST I can have a part by 10:00 A.M EST the following day
g. Apple pays you more if you fix things faster. Aka if a place takes 2 weeks to turn something around, they get reimbursed less for the repair vs. a shop that gets it repaired in 3 or 4 days. So the incentive is on the shop really get your shit in and out ASAP.
2. "Ridiculous" amounts of money. First off, find me a netbook that has a core 2 duo cpu, and nvidia 320m video card with a 128 or 256gb SSD (not real SSD, but faster than a 5400rpm hard drive never the less. Beyond that, find any notebook besides the Macbook Pro that is designed out of a solid brick of aluminum and designed so well. Apple really uses "intelligent design".
3. Resale value on Apple computers is insanely high in comparison to other computers. Buy an HP and a Macbook Pro and see which one is worth more in 3 years time. To think 2007 Macbook Pro's (yeah like 3.....almost 4 year old computers) still sell for $500+ if they are taken care of......
4. Lastly - Macbook Pro's are not expensive - here is proof
Shameless self promotion and spam -
K here we go - updated inventory list.
(4) 2.53ghz Macbook Pro 15" unibody 4gb w/ 250gb or larger hard drive $1080 each
(1) 2.4ghz 13" Macbook Pro w/ 4gb ram, 250gb hard drive $955
(1) 2.4ghz 13" Macbook (non-pro) aluminum body (unibody) $855 and it has applecare left 500gb hard drive, 2gb ram
(1) 15" A1226 Macbook Pro 2.5ghz, 4g 500gb 512mb vram $890
(1) 2.4ghz A1260 15" Macbook Pro 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 500gb hard drive (7200rpm in this one). - $780
www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm - calculate your paypal fees. S/H runs right around $20 in the continental US including insurance.
I might....might have a 13" Macbook becoming available in the low $500 price range today. Maybe...
Broken Macbook? Cracked Screen? Water damage? Missing keys? Optical drive not working? Want to sell or buy a Macbook or Macbook Pro?
Message me if you answered yes to any of these questions. I buy your damaged equipment or fix it for you..