Ok so I came here to Media and Arts in search for camera advice. I realize that my requests may be irrational, but if you can just help me out because I am just getting into filming/editing. SOOO
1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future? Alright I want to spend hopefully from 150-250
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own? No experience but I have time to learn the ways.
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc) I can get a couple of tripods from my dad and such but thats it.
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc) I just want to make some short ski edits---less than 5 min. All skiing.
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming? YES my friends need to be able to use it, so not TOO complicated.
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc) I like follow cams and shooting from a tripod.
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great. Just a pc with windows 7.
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
I have no editing experience and no editing software SOO please reccomend me one that doesn't have to be costly or fancy, just needs to be able to slap together edits.
I realize I am a noobie at this and thats why I need your help, so if you come to hate, maybe just give me some advice instead, or tell me that my hopes are unreasonable.