So the buying and selling process on here seems to be getting too complicated for people on here lately. While this (http://www.newschoolers.com/web/forums/readthread/thread_id/459093/) is pretty much the definitive how to thread for dealing on here, I thought I would simplify it for those of you having trouble.
Step 1: Own an item you want to sell
- If you don't have an item then don't sell it
Step 2: Post a thread on NS
- include as many details as possible
- be honest about any damage or imperfections
- POST PICTURES
- include a Price that you want for the item. when was the last time you went to a store with no price tags, it really just makes the whole process a pain for everyone
Step 3: Communicate with buyer/seller
- ignoring people doesn't help the process
- if you don't have time to actually handle the complete buying/selling transaction now, wait until you do
- agree on a final price, payment method, and exchange All Contact Information
Step 4: Buyer pays for item
- yeah...do this
Step 5: SEND THE ITEM NOW
- once you get the money, take said item, place in box, bag, kangaroo pouch whatever, secure it
- write or print CLEARLY the address of the recipient on the package, as well as your return address
- BONUS POINTS to whoever does this but it may need to be done: Take a picture of the package and address label and send to the buyer to make sure it is correct
- Take the item to the post office, or shipping store ASAP. Don't forget, don't ignore. See Step 3: "If you don't have time to complete the transaction don't start it"
- Pay the extra $1-2 dollars and get a Tracking Number. I wish it could be made mandatory, and I would encourage buyers to refuse to deal with anyone who won't ship with tracking.
- Send the buyer an email Right Away with shipping date, method and Tracking Number
Step 6: Enjoy your purchase
Step 6a: If your item does not show up or is not in the expected condition, Step 3 should have gotten you a multitude of contact information options, call or email the seller and work things out.
**While we hope people can act as a community and hook each other up with gear deals without complications, we will not be responsible for any transactions on the site in any way**