Temperature PAN DOME
HEATHER MEADOWS 24 inches
POSSIBLE OPENING DAY MID-TO-LATE THIS COMING WEEK:
The storm hit us hard Friday and Friday night, bringing even more snow than anticipated! It is currently snowing heavily on the mountain and forecasts are calling for another 10 inches of new by Sunday morning. The freezing level is expected to rise a bit Sunday - Monday morning, then come back down to 2,500 and remain low for the rest of the week. We could get some clearing Wednesday through Friday, then another good storm cycle is forecasted for next weekend with more snow.
So - with the great dump of snow Friday and Saturday, we will see what happens with freezing levels and precipitation Sunday and Monday, then reassess the updated forecast. We will announce on Monday if there's a possible opening date middle to end of next week or early the following week. Keep in mind, the possible opening date is dependent on how much snow we get and how the long-range forecast looks. So, stay tuned here - we will be updating this report as the snow falls and will post the most updated opening date info here!