Has anyone ever tried this at their school? And how did it work out? Me and some friends are starting one at our school, and I'm curious to know how it worked out at other schools.
If you don't know what it is:
1) Teams consist of four players, who each pay $5 to get in the game. The last team standing gets the majority of the pot to split among its members,
2) The tournaments will consist of each team being pitted against another team of four. The object of each round is to shoot or "kill" more of the opposing teams team mates than they kill of yours. The team with the most remaining players at the end of a round wins and advances.
3) To kill an opponent you must hit them with a single dart.
4) The battle ground is fairly open consisting of almost the entire world barring a few select locations listed below
5) As long as a person is on school property or at a school function, ie practice for a school sport but not at the school, but they can be shot walking into or leaving the practice or function, they cannot be shot, NO MATTER WHAT!
~~~~~~~NO DART WARS AT SCHOOL~~~~~~~
6) You may not interfere with someone who is driving, you cannot hang onto or jump onto their car to prevent them from driving or rolling up a window, however you may stick a pipe or gun in to take a shot. You also may not put obstructions in front of a persons driveway or garage to prevent them from pulling in.
SERIOUSLY. DART WARS + CARS = BAD
7) Each Monday teams must report their kills. If after a round any competing teams are left with the same number of "living" members they will participate in a tie break shoot out.
8) one point is given to the person who makes the kill. When a person calls in a kill, they have to say who they killed, and anybody on their team who witnessed the kill. After the kill is called in if there is a disagreement than we will handle the situation.
9) Competition rounds run from midnight on Monday through midnight on Sunday.
10) Players caught with guns, blowpipes or darts at any school or at school-sponsored events are disqualified. Players cannot be shot while at work or church.
11) While at work if a player is on break (not clocked in) AND laves their work premises they become an active player who can shoot and be shot.
12) You may not throw darts at an opposing member for a Kill.
13) Players who play recreational sports not for the school but still organized by a park or higher authority can not be shot while playing however are fair game immediately before and after
14) Destruction of private property is banned and is grounds for disqualification.
15) Darts cannot bounce off of anything or any kill will be nullified.
16) Blocking a team's car on a cul-de-sac or residential street is NOT allowed and you will be disqualified. Blocking of driveways is allowed but can not dissrupt the flow of traffic. Also a person may not use their car to block an opponent's car.
17) Players may not enter an opposing team's house, garage or screened porch without consent from a resident. However shooting from the outside through open doors is acceptable.
18) A team is disqualified if the police is called on them for a legitimate reason
19) If the police is called by an ouside source (for example a neighbor) on a dart wars player regardless of circumstance that player is now dead.
20) Forcibly entering private homes is against the law and on top of disqulification you are subject to punishment by law.
21) To avoid the " I hit you first!" "No! I hit you first!" argument. A rule will be put in place to clarify. If a player is shot but their dart hits an opponent within a 3 mississippi count of their death the opponent is also dead. This eliminates the argument and the retarded strategy rush at someone and shoot eachother and argue your way out of being dead.In this way both bickering idiots die
22) Once you are out, you are out!
23) I reserve the right to add change or remove rules, policies, and laws as I see fit. Also I make final decisions on any arguments or disagreements among opposing teams.
Clifnotes: It's basically a giant war with NERF Dart guns. Teams consist of 4 people, and each round goes for 1 week, each round eliminating teams. There are 4 rounds, the last round in which the winner is decided. Best part is that ANY PLACE (except those in the rules) and ANY TIME is fair game. So people always have to be on their toes.
FREE OUTERWEAR! HURRY BEFORE ITS GONE!
I Rip At Perfect North Slopes.
You know you're skiing in the midwest when you can smell the fries from the top.