This is how I download music:
- Say I'm looking for Animal Collective's "Merriweather Post Pavillion." I go to google and search "merriweather post pavillion site:megaupload.com"
- That gives you results just from megaupload. People upload the albums there and link to them in their blogs and what not, so you can find them pretty easily.
- You click around the results and find one that looks like it's probably the album. Look for the actual name in the title, a decent sized file (at least 50 mb, depending on the cd) etc.
- In the example, the first one looks legit. Type in the code in the upper right and download it.
- It usually downloads a .rar file. You need a free program to open expand it, much like a zip file.
- Open up the folder and listen to the tuneage!
*I've had great success with this method, but be careful with what you download. Don't do it if it looks sketchy.