picked up a new project this week. it is an 86 turbo xtracab truck with no motor. it has the R151F transmission and 23 spline t-case which i will use for my 23 spline duals. It had a 3in body lift, but I dropped that out this weekend and cleaned and washed the truck. I am going to swap in a new motor hopefully within the week. then the usual SAS, duals, with my old suspension, lockers, steering blah blah. then i get to have some fun with the new tube bender! anyways here are some pics of it with the body lift for now. ill have some new pics soon and throughout the build.
its coming along pretty good. I picked up a motor for it about a month ago. 22RE, MSD Ignition, Centerforce #30 flywheel and clutch, LC Engineering Stage II Street Performer Head, Doug Thorley Header, TRD Stage II Cam, and the Injectors remaned over at Cruzin Performance. I did the headgasket right when I bought it because it was leaking. I got it running about a week ago after a little while of troubleshooting. Next steps for now are sliders that im bending up, half doors and maybe throw my rear axle in it. Then SAS/Duals within the next couple months since money is a little tight right now.
thanks man! can beat the yotas! as you can see in the cult this is just another one of my build.
little update. truck is visually about the same but ive put about 4,00mi on it now. shes running strong and i wanna run her through winter (so i can get to the ski mt) then im going dana 60s with 6.17s and 40s. look out for more updates!