I thought it was really good for several reasons.
1) The movie had a level of realism unmatched in any of the other bond movies to date (with the exception of Casino Royale). I really enjoyed this aspect of the movie. While there weren't a ton of gadgets and stuff, I didn't feel like the film was at all lacking because of it.
2) Some critics have been complaining about the lack of a story line. I felt that the movie had a more memorable story line than Casino Royale.
3) It's nice to see a movie where Bond has repercussions for his actions. In Quantum of Solace he actually has to answer to M and she often chides him for making kills. This only adds to the realism and the sense that it really could have happened.
4) Critics have complained about the story focusing too much on Bond. Not only do I disagree with this, but, it is almost impossible to overdevelop a character unless they are purposely two dimensional, which Bond certainly is not.
5) Craig is a kick ass Bond. There, I said it. He is not only a fucking badass, but he is also a good actor and is able to portray a complex character that is not two dimensional like past Bonds.
6) I thought the action and the drama elements were well balanced in Quantum of Solace unlike Casino Royale.
The only criticism I have of Quantum of Solace is that the actions scenes, especially in the beginning needed slightly better camera work, they were often too choppy to really observe what was going on.
Anyway, great movie. I think the way you could dislike it is if you hated Casino Royale, it definitely continues the theme of CR.