Welcome to our new beta design! Click here to go back to the old Newschoolers.
does anyone have an extra pair of skis i could use for the event , mine wont be done being mounted and waxed and everything else till monday, uch thanks if someone can help me , ill throw in some cash also
yo yo, i was there today. it was pretty sweet to just get on snow and have fun and such but shit son.... heres some negative points so u can make it better next year.
1. not enough snow
2. rails way to short. fd rail was 4ft, to 8ftish, fd box was like 4ft, to 6ftish, teetertoterwas like 8-10ft, fdf was like 4ft, 4ft, 4ft.(being realy generous), essentialy on/off, no time to lock to do get tricky.
3. non comp area was like just dumb, like no inrun at all, no jump to trap box and the box thingy was like 4x4ish feet, like just pointless.
4. park staff during the comp was minimal (only 2 or 3 helping fix stuff throught the comp, so it went to shit near the end)
5. Way too much waiting for competitors during the comp, kus of waiting for the go ahead, and people buckling up.
6. teeter-totter was kinda cool for boarders but not so much for skiers
7. Needs more simple 12-16 ft or so straight rails/8-12 inch wide boxes so people can get back what they have lost in the summer/do more tricks rather than just straight grinds on funkey tiny flat down rails/boxes. (hockley and many other hills in ontario i found alway have this problem)
8. Dam people cutting lines (tho i admit i cut a couple of boarders once just walkin up line but there was no real gain, but i never passed the whole line like tons of people did)
9. nuff people at the product toss, just rushed the guy tossing and took everything, making it no longer being a toss, but a brawl.
10. long wait for judging to be finished, try to make it simpler so it can be done faster.
11. the jumps specifically needed to be fixed more during the day, by the final comp run for everyone the left side the fd rail was way off to the side and you needed to pop to get up (should have been fixed, by the 3-4 park staff standing around) and the fdf had one side of it cut off from a boader that fell gettin near the end.
12. sign up should have took much less time, there was a huge line that took forever if you were there at like 10:20ish, so get some more tables and people helping sign up.
13. Why are ski patrol so lame? (specificaly the younger guy with the glasses, if you were there u know what i was talkin about)
14. for features, they should have had less features but a better setup(as in more snow per features so its better quality over quantity)
15. more practice runs for everyone (goes along with people cuttin in lines) and as someone already said, some of us got 4-6 practice runs, and some others got like 12.
16. hilariously muddy, if you want to make it super awsome, buy/find on the streets cheap carpeting or better, astroturf, to put it underneath so it wont get so muddy. and when the snow starts to melt, carpet/astroturf slides with almost no snow on it, and jumps could be built with wood with astroturf then snow on it, rather than hay that got everwhere, and mixed into the snow.
just an idea for hockley because there was so many people, is to make single features, beside eachother so there would be like 4-5 features horizontal across the hill so more people could hit more things at a time, rather than waiting 4x as long to hit 2 features, when fallin on the first one messed up the chance for the second. just throwin it out there.
and I talked to one of the judges after and he said i got 7th out of the 14 or so skiers there, he also said there was alot of skiers in the middle, like 5-12ish that had very similar scores, just incase u were wondering. oh and i was the guy in the lime green pants with pink oakley down the side on 4frnts.
overall it was a good day, i enjoyed goin and i hope it happens again. hopefully you will listen to advice from the past 2 years of newschooler kids giving solid feedback, on what went wrong to make it better for next years rail jam.
just my 2 cents
I wasnt there but here what I had pictured when I heard about this. Looks like it was nothing close to that though...
yea im surpised that he hasent been on hear yet to explain i noticed the facebook page has been deleted LMAO........... but also i know the guy and hes busy in toronto with a production he is doing give him time............
On another note from the sounds of it im glad i was on my way out west and wasent able to go but from sorses they have raised alot of money for the nathen teeter foundation............. so it wasent a big waist any Pics yet i want to see this set up they had