Flip cup, also known as Canoe, is a team-based drinking game. Effectively a drinking relay race, it is similar to the drinking game boat race. The two teams stand on both sides of a table, facing one another (the person in front of a player is his/her opponent). In front of each teammate is a cup filled with an arbitrary amount of any kind of liquid (often beer). A player and his opponent both have the same amount of liquid. At the start of the race, the first member of each team drinks his or her beverage. When finished, the cup is placed "mouth up" at the edge of the table, and the person who drank it tries to flip it upside down, "mouth down", on the table. If he or she is not successful on the first try, the cup must be reset and re-flipped. Only after the first teammate is done flipping the cup successfully, can the next person proceed. Whichever team finishes drinking and flipping all its cups first is the winner.
its called flip cup in maine as well.
1.go to spencers,
2. buy the 20$ strobe light. take it to said party.
3. when everyone is nice and saucy, start the game of flip cup. (or tippy cup, but i feel as though my mouth should be rinsed out with soap if i ever uttered such an awful phrase).
4. have a DH, or Designated Holder. usually one of the saucier girls to hold it over the table.
5. start a slow clap, while blasting Cascada's "Every time we touch"
6. Begin game, play a series, whatever. watch people lose their minds.
....you'll never play another version of this game ever. Strobe Light Flip Cup ladies and gents.