1. The title of Obama's book, "The Audacity of Hope," came from a sermon delivered by Jeremiah Wright. Wright is Obama's pastor.
2. Wright is the "head" of United Trinity Church.
3. Wright said that Louis Farrakhan "epitomizes greatness."
4. Wright went with Farrakhan in 1984 to visit Muammar Gaddafi in Libya.
5. Farrakhan has said that Judaism is a "gutter religion."
6. Wright said that when Obama's political opponents found out about the Libya visit, Obama's Jewish support would dry up "faster than a snowball in Hell."
Russert's question is then "What do you do to assure Jewish
Americans... you are consistent with issues regarding Israel and not in
any way suggesting that Farrakhan epitomizes greatness."
This makes NO sense. If you have to stretch that far to attack a candidate, you really need to be laughed off the airwaves permanently.