Well guys before i start, I am not some kind of super nerd here, I was just told it would look good on a university application. Anyways, today I was in a provincial math competition (which basically was just a math test that we wrote in the library)
So I get in there thinking "I'm decent at math, let's get this over with." Wow. the shit they put on that test was beyond me and all the other kids around me trying to do it. I quickly realized this wasn't gonna fly, so I cam up with some creative answers and I thought I would share them.
1. b) x = Ol' boy Rick James.
2. a) Jupiter is the largest planet in our solar system.
2. b) Eggs are nutritious and delicious.
3. a) There is no answer to this question, the bible tells me so.
4. A dog is tied to a 30 meter leash that is attached to a fenced area in the shape of a rhombus with 20 meter and angle A of 120 degrees. The dog cannot enter this section of the yard. How much area can he cover?
Answer: On his leash the dog can not cover much ground. I do not believe in imprisoning animals, it's cruel. Therefore i would let the dog off of his leash and he would be free to cover countless miles of ground. (See "Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey")
5. a) Runner A starts running clockwise around an oval track at 2 m/s at point A. If runner B starts running at point B at 5 m/s which way should he run to meet runner A as fast as possible, clockwise or counter-clockwise?
Answer: I think the better question here is who would win in a race. Let's let runner A = Arnold Schwarzenegger and runner B = Sylvester Stalone. My money is on Stalone because of his rigorous training in the Rocky movies and the fact taht he will be in shape right now from playing John Rambo in his new movie. Also, Arnold, being the governor of California, would not have time to race and would therefore forfeit.
6. What are the values of x if: (insert complicated equation here)
Answer: The values of x are honesty, courage, and good will to all men. X has been employee of the month for 3 months running and has 3 beautiful children. X is very proud.
9. Answer: i have no idea how to even begin answering this question.
10. x = (batman symbol)
That was a little long. Anyways I just thought someone might find it amusing.
....the single most liberating action that one can perform. pure freedom translated across snow and ice. - one inspired night
It's all good once you stop goin at it all raggity and use that finesse you got... - Jamal the urban coach
back in grade 9 I wrote one of those tests. I think it was called the gauss test or something. I placed 32nd either provincially or nationally, I can't remember. I have the certificate at home, not to claim. But then again, I am studying math in university now...