Welcome to the Newschoolers forums! You may read the forums as a guest, however you must be a registered member to post.
Register to become a member today!
Ski Company Warrenty?
Last year I purchased some Fischer Addicts, and yesterday going up the Park lift at Bristol and one kid who I skied with last year told me that Ski Company offered a year warranty on skis. Can you guys give me more info on this?
By "Ski Company", are you refering to Fischer?
A warranty is only used when a ski has been broken or rendered uselesss due to a manufacturers defect in construction. Most companies offer a minimum warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase. Some companies also extend the warranty if you pair the ski with a set of thier bindings.
A little more information on your delima would help us alot.
With my most sincere regards,
Golden Wheelchair Nominee- September 21-28
There's a ski shop on Jefferson Road (http://skicompany.com/Page.asp?WrapperId=11), and it's called Ski Company. Thanks for you input. Has anyone purchased skis there and used the warranty or anything like that?
You probably want to post this in regionals.
On the site you provided it states
Warranties are inevitable, and when you need to deal with it we want to make it as painless as possible.
THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME GUIDELINES THAT THE SKI COMPANY ADHERES TO:
* All our products are backed by the manufacturer with their specific time limitations.
* All warranty products must have original proof of purchase.
* All products returned for warranty will be inspected by The Ski Company and the manufacturer.
EXCLUDED FROM COVERAGE UNDER WARRANTY ARE THE FOLLOWING:
* Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect. This includes rock damage or impact damage to product. Typical signs of this damage are bent edges and ski tips. Products are not made to absorb impact of jumping.
* Damage caused by improper mounting of binding in materials and craftsmanship.
* Damage caused by anything other than defects in material and craftsmanship.
* Basic wearing of products. This includes stress cracks on the top sheet. In time, products can wear out. This is caused by gradual breakdown of the internal components.
If you believe that you have a product that has a defect in materials or craftsmanship, we want you to bring in your product at your earliest convenience. It�s our goal to get you back on the slope as fast as possible.
i would say if you are still confused, call the number they provided
ski company, the shop in Rochester, doesn't "give" warranties. Companies have warranties, not the shops. BTW I ski at Bristol too, what do you wear.
[+6/-0] Buyer Seller Rating
Surface Skis Cult
No Poles Cult
Normally I wear a brown hoodie, brown pants, and a neon green beanie. But I ordered a blue neff one off getboards before christmas and it hasn't arrived yet and a pair of seth morrision crowbars. you?
Thanks for your help guys, and I posted it in regionals and it was moved here.
All times are Eastern (-4)