ok this is prob the most useful thing i have come across...Enjoy!
1. Reboot the computer you would like to place in target disk mode. Generally, this is the computer that holds the files you would like to access.
2. Press and hold the "t" key on your keyboard while just as the screen goes dark, before the Happy Mac/Apple appear as your computer starts. The blue screen with Firewire logo should appear.
3. Release the "t" key.
4. Connect the two computers using a 6 pin-6 pin Firewire cable. The second computer can (and should) be powered on during this step. The target disk mode Mac's hard drive will appear on your desktop. Access it as you would any other drive, such as a Zip or CD-ROM.
To turn off target disk mode:
1. "Eject" the target disk mode drive from your second computer. For example, select the drive and choose "Eject" from the "File" menu, or drag the drive to the Trash.
2. Press and hold the target disk mode computer's power button to power down the machine.
Note i found this when i got a new macbook for college and transferred every application(2nd party) and all music/photo content in about 5 minutes. But so sick if your can hook up to another computer with mad music or expensive applications.