Music preference is always changing, at least for me, and i feel like keeping an open mind is key to discovering differnt kinds of music you enjoy.
Thats why in about February i decided to break out of my "all i listen to is underground rap and everything else sucks" phase and i tried to find some new stuff i liked. heres the top 5 i discovered.
hopefully some other posts in this thread will get peope to try some new stuff.
1. Streetlight Manifesto (punk/ska band that my friend told me to check out. Everything Goes Numb is now my favorite album.
2.Amy Winehouse..you know that ugly tatooed british chick thats on VH1 all the time? Turns out her album Back To Black is actually really sick. She has a great voice and the beats/rhythms and melodies on that album are great.
3. Public Enemy...obviously, being a hip hop fan, i knew who PE was, but i actually bought 3 of their albums and i gotta say, they are some of the most talented mofo's i have heard to date.
4. Motion City Soundtrack...I'm pretty sure this will get a chorus of ZOMG EMO LOL! but i dont care. i bought their first album on a reccomendation from a friend and they are so great. i can listen to both of their albums back to back on my ipod without skipping a single song. definetly a reccomendation.
5. Nelly Furtado...Yeah. i said it. laugh all you want, but buy her first and second albums and you will become a believer. unlike most pop females she can actually sing and he songs are ma catchy and fun to listen to.
6. EXTRA NUMBER ZOMG! Random 80's pop has been huge for me recently. Stacy Q, Blondie, Heart...all sick.
so those are my recent discoveries...what are yours?