Sony has screwed up in almost every way possible with their newest console.
1. Ridiculous Price
2. Blu Ray doesnt really matter, 360 can do 1080p without it
3. Lost exclusive Unreal Tournament 3
4. Not enough units for comsumers at launch
5. Lost exclusive Devil May Cry 4
6. Lost exclusive Assasins Creed
7. 360 controller owens the PS3 controller
8. Posed Nintendo with the motion sensing controller
9. About to lose exclusive FFXIII
10. Lost GTA IV exclusive
Next thing you know they'll lose METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and HEAVENLY SWORD. WTF is Sony on!?
1. Ridiculous price...because its rediculously expensive to make. Sonly loses about $300 on each PS3 so I've heard. Why do you think bluray players are 1000-1500 dollars? Cause they're expensive to make, and the PS3 is only like 700.
2. Bluray DOES matter, it will win the next video format race, 1080p in the 360 is completely different. You're comparing video game output to movie playing capabilities.
3. All the rest can pretty much be lumped into one. Sure they lost alot, but thats the nature of the beast, happens all the time. I wouldn't say they posed nintendo with the motion sensing controller because they are very different.
As for not enough systems at launch? Its good business for supply and demand, yes, but there are other reasons. Generation 1 of any system is incredibly buggy. Why would they want to send over millions of PS3's if they all end up being buggy? Might as well send over a few, see how they work, fix any problems that come up and then send over a lot.
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on
(n.): Something that can be looked down on and approved of at the same time.